NATIONAL ARTS COUNCIL
Public Arts Programme
Programme ID: PAP054830
Fat Kids Are Harder To Kidnap on Zoom
- IMDA RATING -No
- SYNOPSIS -
Fat Kids Are Harder To Kidnap ® on Zoom by How Drama, is an energy-packed show, where we perform 15 plays in 30 minutes, and YOU decide the order of the plays...from the comfort of your home or classroom.
Be entertained by our quirky observations and wacky take on current affairs, as we tackle topics such as tele-working, TikTok and of course The Virus!
Come experience Singapore's FIRST interactive, live (nothing is pre-recorded) theatre production on Zoom, which received rave reviews and played to sold-out audiences in June and July. This is the stellar review by The Straits Times: https://www.straitstimes.com/lifestyle/arts/show-brilliantly-blurs-line-between-theatre-production-and-virtual-party
The physical show has been performed in Singapore for 12 years and has also toured the United States, France and Australia. In 2019, it was nominated BEST IN THEATRE at the Sydney Fringe Festival.
Enjoy our trailer here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1RmHIc0yoG0
How it works:
1. The production takes place on Zoom with the actors performing from their individual locations.
2. Each class of students will sign into the Zoom meeting. The meeting should be projected on the screen in each classroom.
3. The school will be sent a programme for the students, with a list of plays numbered 1 to 15.
4. When each play ends, the actor says the word "Next" and the students will participate by calling out the number of the play they wish to watch next.
5. A count-down timer of 30 minutes is set up. So the students and actors have to work together to beat the clock.
6. Once the timer runs out, the remaining plays will not be performed (we have cut it close, but we have always been able to finish the plays).
40 minutes, with optional 20min post-show behind-the-scenes talk.
5min - Introduction and warming up the audience.
30min - performance
5min - wrap up and finale
20min - post-show behind-the-scenes talk: The director and an actor will answer questions about the show, and will screen a behind-the-scenes video.
Cast and crew:
Director: Melissa Sim
Writers: Melissa Sim, Jeremy Au Yong and the cast
Cast: Ross Nasir, Pavan J Singh, Nicholas Bloodworth, Victoria Chen and Vester Ng
Crew: Rosie Putri and Koh Chong Wu
- DETAILS -