This is a course specialising in Drama Pedagogy that provides participants with fundamental pedagogical knowledge and skills to help them create meaningful and imaginative learning experiences for their students with drama. The course results in a Certificate of Completion recognised by the National Arts Council since 2016 and is the only part-time drama pedagogical course for professionals in Singapore.
Get more with the Revised version!
As part of our efforts to continuously improve the relevance and standard of the programme to suit the current market needs, the programme has been extended from 40 hours to 49 hours.
The key differences are:
- The extension of the Drama as Critical Pedagogy module to allow more time for participants to delve deeper into the content covered in the module.
- The inclusion of an introduction to contract law under the Professional Code of Practice module to address a key topic that will be especially beneficial for participants.
- The restructuring of the Assessment and Evaluation course into two separate modules to allow participants to understand the key differences between assessment and evaluation.
- Develop greater awareness of the role and impact of a drama educator in the Singapore context
- Understand the creative potential of drama-based pedagogies that aim to foster students’ curiosity, empathy and criticality
- Understand key components of lesson planning and acquire skills in planning developmentally appropriate drama lesson for target group
- Manage resources and the physical environment as part of classroom management
- The course is suitable for educators with at least 2 years of minimum classroom experience.
The 4th intake of the course will run from 3 February to 24 March 2020. There will be a compulsory orientation on 20 January 2020. The full course module outline and course schedule details including dates and times details can be found on the SDEA website here.