This is a course specialising in Drama Pedagogy that provides participants with fundamental pedagogical knowledge and skills to help them create meaningful and imaginative learning experiences for their students with drama. The course results in a Certificate of Completion recognised by the National Arts Council and is the only part-time drama pedagogical course for professionals in Singapore.
- Develop greater awareness of the role and impact of a drama educator in the Singapore context
- Understand the creative potential of drama-based pedagogies that aim to foster students’ curiosity, empathy and criticality
- Understand key components of lesson planning and acquire skills in planning developmentally appropriate drama lesson for target group
- Manage resources and the physical environment as part of classroom management
- The course is suitable for educators with at least 2 years of minimum classroom experience.
The 4th intake of the course will run from 18 February to 23 March 2019. The full course module outline and course schedule details including dates and times details can be found on the SDEA website here.