The National Arts Council (NAC) has partnered with the National Institute of Education International (NIEI) to deliver a 40-hour pedagogical course for arts instructors to enrich their effectiveness as classroom practitioners. Since 2012, more than 400 for artists and arts instructors have taken up this course and provided good feedback.
The course aims to introduce participants to:
- Key ideas of effective teaching and learning
- Competencies of an effective teacher
- Processes of effective lesson planning and the development of teaching materials
- Ideas for designing engaging lessons and learning tasks
The course covers four broad areas:
- Basic Principles on the Psychology of Learning
- Principles of Effective Teaching
- Lesson planning and components of a lesson plan
- Assessment and Evaluation
For more information, please refer to the NIEI webpage here.